six months

Hi guys, not posted on here before and just want a little advice. I had a hair transplant six months ago and although ive noticed substantial growth im a little concerned that the area i received treatment is a little patchy. I have however noticed little fine colourless hairs in these areas. Will these little fine hairs grow to something more noticeable. Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, not posted on here before and just want a little advice. I had a hair transplant six months ago and although ive noticed substantial growth im a little concerned that the area i received treatment is a little patchy. I have however noticed little fine colourless hairs in these areas. Will these little fine hairs grow to something more noticeable. Thanks in advance.

Quite possibly. 6months is very early; and you may very well simply be a slow, or moderate grower to boot. Give it time; post some clear pics and you are likely to get some more precise info relayed. But, generally speaking, you are very early, I don't see any glaring signs of horror, and if you went to a top doc/clinic you should be s8.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Matelot,

I agree with thanatopsis. 6 months is still very early on in the game, and most likely, not all of the transplanted hair has "popped" through your scalp. And even those that did, many are still mostly invisible to the naked eye since they typically start growing as thin, colorless hairs, and slowly mature with time.

Give it a full year before evaluating your result.

Best wishes,

Bill

It is hard to really give opinions blind. If you have taken before pictures and pictures along the way it would really help if you post them so we could see the progress so far. You can crop the pics or block your face if you have privacy concerns. Best of luck. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

???It is hard to really give opinions blind.???

True.

I would only add that hair growth following a transplant is irregular. That is to say, not all the grafts begin to grow at the same time. This may be the reason you perceive some patchiness.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Originally posted by Matelot:

Thanks guys for your advice. I shall look forward to more hair growth in the future. I am more optimistic now with what my final result will look like.

Mate would you consider giving us some details if you do not want to post pictures? How old are you? How many grafts did you get? What kind of procedure? Who was your doctor? I hope you have a great next 6 months of growth! icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs