rogaine canada

Hi all, I would like to know which one is a better choice: rogaine spray or foam?

Also, since i'm from canada, i can only get 2% over the counter, not the 5%. So if i plan to get the foam, than how and where can i get it from?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi all, I would like to know which one is a better choice: rogaine spray or foam?

Also, since i'm from canada, i can only get 2% over the counter, not the 5%. So if i plan to get the foam, than how and where can i get it from?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Originally posted by Eman:

If you are close enough to the border, take a road trip over to the US and get yourself some over the counter 5%.

And it is probably a tad warmer over here so you can get a little of our warmth... icon_wink.gif

thanks for your help eman, I'm in Montreal and the nearest us city i beleive is Champlain, NY...it's about 45 min drive...I guess this is the best way to go...

kokonut,

Rogaine liquid and foam both contain the same active ingredient minoxidil. In my opinion, the foam is a superior product since it's easier to apply without it running down your head, face, etc. Some argue that the propylene glycol found in the liquid helps aid absorption into the scalp. However, foam is supposed to be a superior absorption agent in itself. Propylene glycol in the liquid can also irritate the scalp.

Though I don't use Rogaine, if I was giong to, I'd pick the foam over the liquid personally.

Not sure where you can buy it directly in Canada. But you can order it online.

Best wishes,

Bill

P.S I am moving this thread to the "Hair Loss Drugs" section of the forum later tonight.

kokonut,

why not go to your family doctor and he can prescribe you minox 5% for 3,6,12 months or as much as you like. then you go to shoppers drug mart or any of the counterparts (rexall or pharma plus) and you all set. if you have a good health benefits at your workplace then they'll pay 80% for you. just a thought.

cheers

thanks for putting so many options on the table guys...but unfortunately i'm just a student and I work part time so I do not have health benefits...either I'll get the prescription for minox from my doc or get it from states. btw any reputable sites to order minox foam online (I'm in Canada)?

Just wondering how much the minox faom is going for in states's phamacies?

You can get Rogaine Foam 5% over the counter here in the US, no need for a prescription. The cost is anywhere from $50 to $65 for a four month supply depending on where you get it here in the US. You can get it at any grocery store, discount retailer (Target, Walmart, Kmart), or pharmacy type store.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...