lowering sides

For people who have had a HT to the front and top region, what plans do you have about what to do if, or perhaps when, the sides recede lower towards the ears? Has anyone filled in this area while there is still a lot of native hair so that it will never be obvious it is going? For people who haven't done this how have you styled your hair at this stage? Are you keeping donors in reserve for this and if so how many?

Even if you think propecia works fine for you surely it is wise to plan in case it stops being effective. A lot of guys have reported this can happen.

Thanks, I understand what Bill is saying. My question is a bit more specific. Given that it is not possible to achieve full density across the scalp, my question assumes someone wants to fill in the front and top and wants a natural long term look. This could involve accepting the crown will be very thin or non-existent. In this case do people plan to leave hair in reserve so they don't end up with an island on top? (This can happen naturally but IMO is not normally as big or uniformly shaped as many HT's.)