My wonderfull experience with Dr. Keene and staff!!!

mrkneed

I will keep this short and too the point; yesterday I had my procedure done with Dr Keene in Tuscon, AZ - it could not have gone any better and dr keene and staff could not have been any kinder given my nervousness and sensitivity to epinepherin (sp?) and my vaso vagal issues. For starters instead of giving me 3 shots one after the other in the donor area they did them in short increments taking around 20 minutes to complete the job - my heart did not race or feel like it was going to explode as it typically does - this feeling for me is not a comfortable one and it brings on anxiety. The removal of the donor area was a piece of cake - the valium helped this. I even fell asleep a few times.

Dr. Keene is a class act she is honest and truely cares about the person she is working on. She performed all functions of the procedure excluding the cutting of the grafts. What impresses me most is that she only does 1 procedure a day - not bouncing around to differnt rooms as needed. Scott, Lisa and Marie are all great caring people.

I had my first procedure 1 year and 1/2 ago by Dr. Mark Distefano in Worcester, MA and I explained my concerns about my sensitivity to epenepherin (sp?) and he said there is nothing he can do about it and administered 3-4 shots in a row in the time span of 5 minutes! Needless to say my heart went crazy anxiety came on because of it. The worse part about it was the fact that the morning of my surgery with Distefano he disregarded what his "sales associate" recomended and said to me as he pulled up a picture of a guy with a full head of hair and said that if you want to look like this it will cost you x amount of $$ which I agreed to - I ended up with average results AT BEST. Keep in mind that I did not find this site until after my first procedure I did not know about grafts etc. Sorry for rambling but if anybody is looking for a wonderful/talented doctor and staff I HIGHLY recomend for you to speak to dr. keene. Thanks for reading.

Mrkneed,

Having had the opportunity to meet with and speak to Dr. Keene in person, I was very impressed by her passion and dedication to the science of hair transplant surgery.

Therefore, I'm very pleased, but not surprised to hear that you had a terrific experience with her and her excellent staff.

I hope you'll post some photos when you get a chance along with surgical details like the number of grafts, etc.

Feel free to create a hair loss weblog to document your progress. For instructions on creating one and adding a link to your blog in your forum signature, click here.

Best wishes and happy growing icon_smile.gif

Bill

• 15 years later...
On 12/5/2008 at 10:51 PM, mrkneed said:

I will keep this short and too the point; yesterday I had my procedure done with Dr Keene in Tuscon, AZ - it could not have gone any better and dr keene and staff could not have been any kinder given my nervousness and sensitivity to epinepherin (sp?) and my vaso vagal issues. For starters instead of giving me 3 shots one after the other in the donor area they did them in short increments taking around 20 minutes to complete the job - my heart did not race or feel like it was going to explode as it typically does - this feeling for me is not a comfortable one and it brings on anxiety. The removal of the donor area was a piece of cake - the valium helped this. I even fell asleep a few times.

Dr. Keene is a class act she is honest and truely cares about the person she is working on. She performed all functions of the procedure excluding the cutting of the grafts. What impresses me most is that she only does 1 procedure a day - not bouncing around to differnt rooms as needed. Scott, Lisa and Marie are all great caring people.

I had my first procedure 1 year and 1/2 ago by Dr. Mark Distefano in Worcester, MA and I explained my concerns about my sensitivity to epenepherin (sp?) and he said there is nothing he can do about it and administered 3-4 shots in a row in the time span of 5 minutes! Needless to say my heart went crazy anxiety came on because of it. The worse part about it was the fact that the morning of my surgery with Distefano he disregarded what his "sales associate" recomended and said to me as he pulled up a picture of a guy with a full head of hair and said that if you want to look like this it will cost you x amount of $$ which I agreed to - I ended up with average results AT BEST. Keep in mind that I did not find this site until after my first procedure I did not know about grafts etc. Sorry for rambling but if anybody is looking for a wonderful/talented doctor and staff I HIGHLY recomend for you to speak to dr. keene. Thanks for reading.

On 12/5/2008 at 10:51 PM, mrkneed said:

Hello Mr .i read your posts.itbisninteresting to me as I’m also afraid of heat race ,though we know a]it’s a benign taquicardia ,it feels awful ,tell me please in your first surgery ,when it happened  how log did it it take y]to stop ? I m going] to go under IV sedation in my surgery ,so I hope ,if it comes not to care or notice 

thanks