Taking care of recipient area..when dirty and itchy

Paco

After 3-week post-op, I find that my recipient is itchy. 33% of the grafts have fallen off already.

I prefer not to scratch my scalp or else the new hairs will just fall off. Kinda nice to just keep those hairs there even though I expect most of them to fall out eventually with 2-6 weeks.

Two Questions:

1) How do I clean the recipient area besides using just shampoo? (Pert w/conditioner) If I use my nails, I can scrap off a lot of gunk/oil in the recipient area. Is this normal?

2) How do I deal with an itchy recipient area?

I tried letting shower water hit directly on the recipient area which helps a bit.

However, I do notice that there is more gunk in the recipient area than before. Maybe there are too many sweat glands there?

Half of my donor area has a fine line. The other half is still red and bumpy.

Thanks,

Paco

After 3-week post-op, I find that my recipient is itchy. 33% of the grafts have fallen off already.

I prefer not to scratch my scalp or else the new hairs will just fall off. Kinda nice to just keep those hairs there even though I expect most of them to fall out eventually with 2-6 weeks.

Two Questions:

1) How do I clean the recipient area besides using just shampoo? (Pert w/conditioner) If I use my nails, I can scrap off a lot of gunk/oil in the recipient area. Is this normal?

2) How do I deal with an itchy recipient area?

I tried letting shower water hit directly on the recipient area which helps a bit.

However, I do notice that there is more gunk in the recipient area than before. Maybe there are too many sweat glands there?

Half of my donor area has a fine line. The other half is still red and bumpy.

Thanks,

Paco

The only thing I would recommend (other than using the shower stream) is maybe using a different shampoo (Baby shampoo). Maybe some of the buildup is caused by the Pert.

I used Johnson's baby shampoo for 4 weeks post-op and had no irritation in the recipient area.