Question for the Doctor's

I have a question regarding hair growth in ridged and compacted area's...

If you see my pictures you will note that there is a great deal of ridginess and that my recipient area is elevated from my first tranplant 1year ago..(photo's are in the post your photo section)...

So what I want to know is, will it be possible to have another transplant and have the transplanted hairs grow in these areas with success??

Thanks Doct's.

~PArABLE~

I have a question regarding hair growth in ridged and compacted area's...

If you see my pictures you will note that there is a great deal of ridginess and that my recipient area is elevated from my first tranplant 1year ago..(photo's are in the post your photo section)...

So what I want to know is, will it be possible to have another transplant and have the transplanted hairs grow in these areas with success??

Thanks Doct's.

~PArABLE~

• 2 weeks later...

Ridging does not preclude you from having another transplant. But I would warn you it could lead to more ridging.

In efforts to prevent this you should go to a physician who creates only small recipient sites, ~1 mm or less in size. Also, you should be closely followed post operatively and if increased ridging is noted early, intervention should be started (i.e. dilute Kenalog injections)

Brad Limmer, Md/jac icon_smile.gificon_wink.gificon_smile.gificon_wink.gificon_smile.gif

Dr. Limmer

parable:

Yes, it is cortisone, but at very dilute concentration typically 2.5mg Kenalog per 1cc of lidocaine. This will not harm recently transplanted hairs.

Brad Limmer, MD/jac icon_wink.gif

Dr. Limmer

can someone tell me if theres anyway of buying someone elses hair and getting it transplanted onto mines.sort of like what the cancer patients do when they have lost there hair.i would love to get hair makeover,my hair is to curly and i would love longer length to it and straight!is this possible inany way?

kristie