HOW TO CUT PROSCAR

how do i split proscar 5mg into 1/4 i have no pill cutter any help would be nice.and also before i take my first dose i want to know if its better not to take propecia at all i mean would it make my hairloss worse im 19 with full hair just receading hairline thinning do you think its good idea to start useing.

how do i split proscar 5mg into 1/4 i have no pill cutter

Just use a knife. The pill does not necessarily have to cleave into exact quarters.

lso before i take my first dose i want to know if its better not to take propecia at all i mean would it make my hairloss worse im 19 with full hair just receading hairline thinning do you think its good idea to start useing.

If you are indeed suffering from MPB, you should begin minoxidil and finasteride. You may experience some initial shedding once you commence the medication, but that in no way means that your MPB is being accelerated by the use of the medication.

take care...

MrCool20,

Here's a brief video demonstration on splitting the pills with a knife:

Originally posted by mrcool20:

also before i take my first dose i want to know if its better not to take propecia at all i mean would it make my hairloss worse im 19 with full hair just receading hairline thinning do you think its good idea to start useing.

How are you obtaining Proscar? Is a doctor prescribing it for you?

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

Originally posted by mmhce:
how do i split proscar 5mg into 1/4 i have no pill cutter

Just use a knife. The pill does not necessarily have to cleave into exact quarters.

lso before i take my first dose i want to know if its better not to take propecia at all i mean would it make my hairloss worse im 19 with full hair just receading hairline thinning do you think its good idea to start useing.

If you are indeed suffering from MPB, you should begin minoxidil and finasteride. You may experience some initial shedding once you commence the medication, but that in no way means that your MPB is being accelerated by the use of the medication.

ty sir yes i have mpb i heard those who start sooner get better results is this true

Originally posted by youngsuccess:

MrCool20,

Here's a brief video demonstration on splitting the pills with a knife:

Originally posted by mrcool20:

also before i take my first dose i want to know if its better not to take propecia at all i mean would it make my hairloss worse im 19 with full hair just receading hairline thinning do you think its good idea to start useing.

How are you obtaining Proscar? Is a doctor prescribing it for you?

yes i doctor is.sir i was wondering that will it make my front hair strong

i heard those who start sooner get better results is this true

Short answer, yes.

i was wondering that will it make my front hair strong

The medication will retard the minituarization process. If by "strong", you mean if the medication will make your hair coarser, it is possible that the medication may reverse the caliber of the hair shafts.

take care...

i heard those who start sooner get better results is this true

Short answer, yes.

i was wondering that will it make my front hair strong

The medication will retard the minituarization process. If by "strong", you mean if the medication will make your hair coarser, it is possible that the medication may reverse the caliber of the hair shafts.

hi sir i was wondering to save time should i split all the proscar or just the peace i need and wear do i keep the peaces

i was wondering to save time should i split all the proscar or just the peace i need

This is debatable. I split all my proscar within a blister strip. Thus 10 pills become 40 pills.

Ideally, it may be preferrable to split one pill at a time, and thus preserve the integrity of the medication, until you are ready to use it in the next 4 days.

wear do i keep the peaces

Most medication should be kept in a cool dry place, preferably in an opaque plastic/glass bottle,(screw capped with a bit of cotton under the cap) in order to reduce thermal decomposition and photo degradation.

take care...

i was wondering to save time should i split all the proscar or just the peace i need

This is debatable. I split all my proscar within a blister strip. Thus 10 pills become 40 pills.

Ideally, it may be preferrable to split one pill at a time, and thus preserve the integrity of the medication, until you are ready to use it in the next 4 days.

wear do i keep the peaces

Most medication should be kept in a cool dry place, preferably in an opaque plastic/glass bottle,(screw capped with a bit of cotton under the cap) in order to reduce thermal decomposition and photo degradation.

ty sir i have 5mg finasteride and dont know which way is best to take. should i half the pill and miss a day ?and did you say its ok to split all the pills and put it in a jar which is the most common way people do.

should i half the pill and miss a day

You're splitting into quarters to take it every day, to be consistent with the 1mg/day dosage...remember.

did you say its ok to split all the pills and put it in a jar

Yeah.

take care...

haha, wow, i just saw the video, I never imagined a video would be needed to "cut" a pill, I always thought it would make common sense

Pill cutters are usually 2-8 bucks

Whoever was cutting the pill, you better have a nice sharp knife!

Thank goodness finasteride isn't in a liquid gel format, now that would make things a tad more difficult