Donor Scar Infection or Ingrown Hairs After Three Months???

Hello. Perhaps I can get some feedback from either the doctors and/or patients:

My transplant has seemed to have gone pretty well. I followed all the post-op instructions religiously. A few days ago, I noticed something that seemed like a long lateral mosquito bite along the DONOR scar. It seems suddenly tender to the touch and "puffy" in one spot. I am quite familiar with the little annoying zits that form for 1-2 days around recipient graphs; what I am describing on the strip donor area is different. I don't believe I found accounts on here of this happening in the donor area...especially after a 3 months noneventful healing. Would appreciate comments from anyone who has had this happen or seen this occurence in his/her practice.

Regards,

Hello. Perhaps I can get some feedback from either the doctors and/or patients:

My transplant has seemed to have gone pretty well. I followed all the post-op instructions religiously. A few days ago, I noticed something that seemed like a long lateral mosquito bite along the DONOR scar. It seems suddenly tender to the touch and "puffy" in one spot. I am quite familiar with the little annoying zits that form for 1-2 days around recipient graphs; what I am describing on the strip donor area is different. I don't believe I found accounts on here of this happening in the donor area...especially after a 3 months noneventful healing. Would appreciate comments from anyone who has had this happen or seen this occurence in his/her practice.

Regards,

to get a scar infection after 3 months would be completely odd. This wound has healed after the 10th day. I could see if it were within the first month.

It sounds to me like ingrown hairs also. They can hurt like a SOB.

I think your ok. Just call the Dr. and ask.

Right, now it has sort "drained" tonight and it does not feel like a cyst anymore. I will call the MD and make sure everything is in order and see what can to ensure it all grows away from the skin. That was weird.

Thanks guys for your help.