Rahal-haircut post op

i have a question regarding cutting/buzzing hair post op with Rahal. A Rahal patient on another site stated that Rahal's instructions were to not cut the hair for one month after HT. Is this true?

I would be screwed trying to go back to work 2 weeks post op (probably going to be anyway, haha)

Now, it doesn't seem many rahal patients ive seen on this site have waited that long.

and how long until concealer can be used post op?

thanks guys

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

Nizoral 1% 2-3 times a week

Fish Oil capsules w/ Omega-3

i have a question regarding cutting/buzzing hair post op with Rahal. A Rahal patient on another site stated that Rahal's instructions were to not cut the hair for one month after HT. Is this true?

I would be screwed trying to go back to work 2 weeks post op (probably going to be anyway, haha)

Now, it doesn't seem many rahal patients ive seen on this site have waited that long.

and how long until concealer can be used post op?

thanks guys

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

Nizoral 1% 2-3 times a week

Fish Oil capsules w/ Omega-3

I cut my hair at a little over 2-weeks and not a problem--just waited a couple of days until after my sutures were taken out and at that point the grafts are secure.

I stayed and have stayed away from any concealer, so cannot help much there. If you do use it make sure you rinse it out thoroughly every night and let the recipient/donor breath and heal.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Once all the scabbing has gone away there is no harm in getting a haircut. Just make sure that if you had a strip type donor removal that you do not cut the hair to short in the back making it difficult to camaflauge where the stitches were. I always recommend my patients who use concealers to wait 5-7 days post-op before using it again.