Severe headache 2 months post transplant

I had a transplant, 3500 grafts, the first week of January.

Around Feb. 12 a severe headache began around the back and top of my head. It lasted 7 days, 24 hours a day.

It then stopped.

From March 3 to now, March 10, it has been hitting me again. It's there when I wake, there when I go to bed. Only prescription pain killers take the edge off. It still hasn't gone away. It's a miserable experience.

My transplant was by a well reviewed surgeon on this site but I won't name names.

Could this be transplant related? Anyone have similar experiences? I'm worried I'll have a headache everyday for the rest of my life.

Besides the headache, other healing has appeared fine and smooth.

I can't relate to a headache per say. However, occassionally I do feel throbbing from the grafted area. Especially when sleeping.

I find that applying ice to my forehead (not the grafted area) provides some relief as it makes some of the blood that's collected there temporarily go away.

I had my procedure done in mid January and I haven't experienced any headaches as of yet. If these headaches persist, or if the intensity / duration of the headaches increases, I would maybe contact your family doctor and get their medical opinion on the situation. It's always better to be safe than sorry. Good luck.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson