UK shampoos for Seb Derm post transplant.

Posted (edited)

Since my transplant I’ve had a few flare ups / sheds which after originally thinking it was covid related have since been diagnosed with Seb Derm. Struggling to find a shampoo that I can use daily.

What shampoo is anyone in the UK using? I know H&S used to do a clinical strength one that’s been discontinued. I need something I can use in between my Nizoral use.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by ScottishGuy21

• Valued Contributor
9 minutes ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

Since my transplant I’ve had a few flares ups / sheds which after originally thinking it was covid related have since been diagnosed with Seb Derm. Struggling to find a shampoo that I can use daily.

What shampoo is anyone in the UK using? I know H&S used to do a clinical strength one that’s been discontinued. I need something I can use in between my Nizoral use.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dr Ball at the Maitland clinic suggested a shampoo to me for this called Juniper Scalp Therapy by Tony Maleedy. It's not cheap, but I found it to be quite effective. Also recommended to get some Betacap solution (a topical steroidal ointment) to use sparingly if things are flaring up a bit more than usual.

The advantage of the Juniper shampoo is that it's actually quite a nice shampoo that lathers up very nicely. I like the scent personally (the missus, not so much!). Worth a go if you're struggling.

2 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Dr Ball at the Maitland clinic suggested a shampoo to me for this called Juniper Scalp Therapy by Tony Maleedy. It's not cheap, but I found it to be quite effective. Also recommended to get some Betacap solution (a topical steroidal ointment) to use sparingly if things are flaring up a bit more than usual.

The advantage of the Juniper shampoo is that it's actually quite a nice shampoo that lathers up very nicely. I like the scent personally (the missus, not so much!). Worth a go if you're struggling.

Thanks for the help much appreciated, just ordered a bottle now. I don’t mind paying the extra if prolongs the periods in between flare ups! My derm has prescribed me elecon lotion to use sparingly, but stressed only during a serious flare up.

Are you able to use anything to style your hair? I’ve gone without for a while now, largely out worry with most things seem to included trigger inducing contents. 

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

Thanks for the help much appreciated, just ordered a bottle now. I don’t mind paying the extra if prolongs the periods in between flare ups! My derm has prescribed me elecon lotion to use sparingly, but stressed only during a serious flare up.

Are you able to use anything to style your hair? I’ve gone without for a while now, largely out worry with most things seem to included trigger inducing contents. 

With styling products, I too find some will start to cause a bit of irritation the longer they're in. Products that seems to cause no issues are things like hair creams/leave-in conditioners (Jamaican caster oil Shea Moisturiser for eg). But I rarely put any product in to be honest.

• Like 1