Direction of fall

Hey guys,

I did 1800 grafts in Turkey, which I am about to take out again as it was a mistake. Apart from the growth direction and graft width what I noticed the most is that the hair does not fall, it sticks out rather stiff.

My question now is: Is it actually possible to transplant so the hair falls into the forehead like it used to? Or will it always remain stiffer, making it harder to do fringe hairstyles?

This seems to be the case, as I have never seen fringe hairstyles after hair transplants. The are always slicked back or parted, showing the forehead. But with a high forehead in the first place, hair that falls and covers the forehead looks more aesthetic.

Is anyone experienced enough to answer this? Because I can also take (almost all) of them out and remain with the fringe I had before.

Best regards

• Moderators

This sounds like they implanted the grafts facing straight up rather than facing forward. Hair doesn't grow straight up out of the scalp in most places. It's usually angled forward in the front half while also facing towards the sides a bit on either side of the hair line.

I think most people comb their hair back because they get less grafts transplanted into the midscalp and crown, so combing it back usually provides the best coverage. This is not always the case, though. There are a lot of people who do side parts.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.