Prp post transplant

Hi

What is the general consensus on PRP post transplant? 

Everything I read suggests it 'aids recovery' and helps with density, so is the thinking more that this accelerates results rather than improve the final outcome?

And does it in anyway reduce scarring (I had FUE 2500 grafts so not expecting much scarring in the donor area, but obviously if it helps, I'd be interested)? 

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

2 hours ago, DTB said:

Hi

What is the general consensus on PRP post transplant? 

Everything I read suggests it 'aids recovery' and helps with density, so is the thinking more that this accelerates results rather than improve the final outcome?

And does it in anyway reduce scarring (I had FUE 2500 grafts so not expecting much scarring in the donor area, but obviously if it helps, I'd be interested)? 

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

I think for the donor doing nothing would be the best idea. Give it time, it'll recover.

And regarding prp after HT, I think you should follow what your clinic suggested. In my opinion, it accelerates growth but has no impact on the final outcome.

1 hour ago, Shadman said:

I think for the donor doing nothing would be the best idea. Give it time, it'll recover.

And regarding prp after HT, I think you should follow what your clinic suggested. In my opinion, it accelerates growth but has no impact on the final outcome.

Thank you for your response. My clinic are happy for me to do it, but always conscious it does generate extra revenue for them so may not be a completely impartial opinion! 

I did PRP for my first HT.  It was injected into the recipient area only though.

I did get growth at about the 3 month mark, but I don't know if the PRP actually accelerated growth or improved healing.  A lot of people get growth at around 3 months, and I was also on some hair growth supplements like MSM, Vitamin E and Biotin (which may have helped too).

PRP is expensive, and even though studies do show some improvement from it...I don't know if it is significant enough to make it worth the cost.

I just had a second HT three weeks ago (with a different doctor) and he told me that PRP is not necessary.  So I didn't do it this time.  Even though it's only been three weeks, my recipient and donor have healed just as quickly as the first time around (actually, it's been better this second time around).

7 hours ago, Bucky O Hair said:

I did PRP for my first HT.  It was injected into the recipient area only though.

I did get growth at about the 3 month mark, but I don't know if the PRP actually accelerated growth or improved healing.  A lot of people get growth at around 3 months, and I was also on some hair growth supplements like MSM, Vitamin E and Biotin (which may have helped too).

PRP is expensive, and even though studies do show some improvement from it...I don't know if it is significant enough to make it worth the cost.

I just had a second HT three weeks ago (with a different doctor) and he told me that PRP is not necessary.  So I didn't do it this time.  Even though it's only been three weeks, my recipient and donor have healed just as quickly as the first time around (actually, it's been better this second time around).

Thank you for your response!