HT Damage from Sunny Airplane Window Seat?

I had a HT yesterday and was in the window seat on the way home. The airline apparently has a policy of forcing the windows to be open/down during the descent and while we were taxing back to the airport. 

It was a bright sunny day and the window was super sunny adjacent to my recipient area for maybe 30 minutes or so.

Could this have adversely affected by result in any way?

I ask because i know we are supposed to avoid sun exposure for up to 6 months, let alone 1 day post op 😬😬😬

Just not sure how much protection the airplane window gave me from the sun.

Thanks. 

Hi! Maybe a silly question…but may i go to beach 2 months after HT obviously with a hat all the time and sunscreen?? Will the sunscreen damage my grafts ? Or even been with a hat …can this affect somehow the grafts ? Thanks

HappyMan, trust me, you would definitely feel a sunburn if those UV rays damaged your scalp…IMHO, the window deflected more of the rays than penetrating the surface of your scalp.

omarca, I replied to your PM a few minutes ago and let me know if you have any other questions.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY