Would i be better of with a HT vs Fin/Min?

I really want a Full hairline. 
As you can see, both of my temples is bald.

Would Min/Fin regrow my hairline (take the chance that it might work) OR would it be better to go for a HT right away?

IMG_4231.jpeg

I cannot imagine fin/min doing too much to the hairline at this point, but it is recommended to take medication if you're going for a HT (to strengthen your donor area, as well as the native hair in the recipient area and maintain as much of your existing hair alongside the transplanted hair the HT) . 

I'd recommend speaking with your doctor about getting in fin/min, stay on it for 6-12 months while searching out the surgeon that is right for you, if your hairline fills in with the medication alone, bonus, if it doesn't - you'll be in the best place to go for a HT

Good luck! 

• Like 2

• Moderators

You're not going to create an entirely new hairline with meds, but it looks like you may be thinning throughout the entire front third, so meds may thicken that up. If you can strengthen and thicken the hair shafts along the current front hairline, you may get a noticeable improvement and look like your hairline was lowered slightly.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators

I'm putting a picture here to show what I mean. If you can thicken this area up a bit with meds you may not feel like you need a hair transplant, depending on your goals.

image.png

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

20 hours ago, Al - Moderator said:

You're not going to create an entirely new hairline with meds, but it looks like you may be thinning throughout the entire front third, so meds may thicken that up. If you can strengthen and thicken the hair shafts along the current front hairline, you may get a noticeable improvement and look like your hairline was lowered slightly.

While medication won't create a new hairline, it can help thicken existing hair. Strengthening and thickening hair shafts may give the appearance of a slightly lowered hairline, enhancing overall density.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 3:03 AM, Thegreatdane said:

I really want a Full hairline. 
As you can see, both of my temples is bald.

Would Min/Fin regrow my hairline (take the chance that it might work) OR would it be better to go for a HT right away?

IMG_4231.jpeg

Hi, I believe medicine and treatment will work in your case. I am putting before and after images of one of my patients and he got only one micro needling treatment and home use of topical serum / spray. This home use spray is once per 24 hours to massage on the scalp.  

DSC_0085.JPG

DSC_0235.JPG

Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry

Cosmo Derma clinic 

Lahore Pakistan