Feedback on my regimen

Hi, I am NW 6/7, male 46yo. Below is my current med regime. Anything you would change?

• Oral finasteride 1mg 5x per week
  • Oral dutasteride 0.5mg 2x per week
  • Oral minoxidil 2.5mg daily
  • Topical minoxidil daily (Rogaine foam applied before bed)
  • Nizoral Ketoconazole shampoo once per week
  • Derma-roller 0.5mm once per week

When I see it typed out, it is actually a lot of stuff. A mini pharmacy. :/

My HT surgeon also recommended caffeine stimulating scalp treatment. I have not got this yet as I already apply topical minoxidil at night; ideally don't want to put something in the morning which could make hair greasy.

Thanks.

• Valued Contributor

I’m not a doctor but perhaps you could drop the topical minoxidil and up the oral minoxidil from 2.5mg to 5mg. The Nizoral 2% shampoo is something that personally (and this is just my opinion) could be dropped as I don’t see how it benefits being on the scalp for only ten minutes in the shower to penetrate the scalp. But you are on a pretty much perfect regime. 👌

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks Gatsby. Interestingly, my surgeon also said that Nizoral is not that helpful. I might buy the caffeine scalp treatment (Inkey brand) and layer with topical minoxidil onto the scalp before bed. I am a little hesitant to increase from 2.5mg to 5mg oral minox at this point due to potential side effects -- I don't want to push my luck as I have not had any sides with finasteride or dutasteride. 

Edited by londonbased
  • Like 1