Oral Minoxidil… On The Fence

Posted (edited)

Currently 6.5 weeks post 2nd op in which I have another thread linked.

I started using topical minoxidil again 10 days after surgery but can’t help myself from looking at the benefits and ease of oral 👀

There seems to be such conflicting information about the side affects depending on who you chose to watch and which side of the fence they sit on (pro vs against oral)

Overall, what are your thoughts on whether oral is worth it long term based on current research?

*if I did start, I’d start at 1.25mg per day the increase to 2.5mg after 2-3 months (based on research advice)

Edited by Lewis Horsley

Posted (edited)

I had no issues commencing on a lower dose of sublingual (oral) minox and working my way up over a 12 month period to a higher dose. Fingers crossed I can continue with it, smooth sailing so far based on 2 years of use.

Admittedly I probably didn't do a whole lot of research on it, my dermatologist prescribed it and said he uses it a lot with patients and doesn't encounter issues.

I might be a bit lazy but the efficiency of taking it orally is a massive plus for me as applying topical seems like a hassle to do.

Edited by Viney

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lewis Horsley said:

Spot on. And how are your results from it? @Viney

The results have been amazing, but I started oral dutasteride at the same time so it's very hard to distinguish whether it's the sublingual min, dut or both which has given me great results.

FWIW I got noticeable improvement on 1mg dut daily and 0.9mg sublingual minox within the first 4 months.

Here's my thread with before and after pics... I'm probably due to post some updated ones which I'll do in the next few weeks:

Edited by Viney

I started on 2.5 for a few months, then 3.75 and have been on 5mg since.

Definitely thickens up your hair a bit. I noticed more of a change in my body hair though, my arms and hands are like a monkey now lol

• Like 1