My Hair Postop is Growing Too Slowly - Wtf?

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone.. It's been 15 weeks since my transplant, havent cut my hair since but the length is a mere 1.5 inches. I can't believe this is happening and I'm going crazy over this! When will my hair finally grow at the normal rate again??

Edited by wprevil

• wprevil changed the title to My Hair Postop is Growing Too Slowly - Wtf?

According to Google;

On average, hair tends to grow between 0.5 and 1.7 centimeters per month. This is equivalent to around 0.2–0.7 inches.

At just under 4 months-ish you're around 0.4 inches a month, so well within the normal range. Given your scalp has been undergone significant trauma i would say that's perfectly normal.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

According to Google;

On average, hair tends to grow between 0.5 and 1.7 centimeters per month. This is equivalent to around 0.2–0.7 inches.

At just under 4 months-ish you're around 0.4 inches a month, so well within the normal range. Given your scalp has been undergone significant trauma i would say that's perfectly normal.

Honestly, my hair before the operation grew much faster than what google suggests. But more importantly, your google quote doesnt take into account postop hair growth rate.

If there are others who'd like to give their experience, I'd greatly appreciate it!

• Valued Contributor

Hey, don't stress too much about it. It's still early days after your hair transplant, and it's normal not to see rapid growth yet. Typically, around 3 months post-op, you'll start to see new hair sprouting, and the first 6 months are mostly about this new growth. After that, the hair growth should pick up pace and become denser gradually.

The surgery can cause trauma to the scalp, which might affect the growth of your native hair. Shock loss is also a possibility, which can take some time to settle down. It's important to let your scalp heal properly before expecting too much.

This journey requires patience, so trust the process and stay calm. You may face other issues during this 12-month period, but with time, they should resolve.

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023