Shock loss on previously transplanted hair after second transplant

Hi, I am going to have a second transplant to thicken up my hair after a previous transplant in 2019. I am just wondering if shock loss is common in previously transplanted hair or is it only common in the native and newly transplanted hair? Also does taking finasteride and minoxidil mitigate shock loss? 

At the moment with my hair style and using concealer spray my hair looks fine so I am nervous that getting the next transplant will cause my current transplanted hair to fall out temporarily. 

Any advice is greatly appreciated!! 🙂

• Valued Contributor

Shock loss can affect both the hair that has been transplanted and your existing native hair. Once transplanted, there is no real difference between the previously transplanted hair and your native hair—they essentially become indistinguishable and are all considered part of your native hair.

Medication can help reduce the effects of shock loss. And experiencing shock loss is not a certainty. Even if it does occur, it is typically temporary. Therefore, there is no need to overly worry about it.

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Can shockloss also occur on different area's? I had a surgery for adding density to the left side of my hairline. After 2-3 months i noticed thinning/loss on the left side, but also on the right side of my hairline. Is this normal?