How many grafts do I need?

Hi people!

I'm turning 25 in 2 months, I just hopped on 1 mg finasteride and am looking to have a Hair transplant in 12 months so need to confirm my surgeon as many have 1 year waiting lists. I was wondering, how many grafts do I need? I am looking to achieve a good dense, reasonably low hairline ideally and I've been getting answers from 2000 all the way to 4500. Thoughts??

IMG_0298.JPG

IMG_0306.jpg

• Valued Contributor

@imasaint you appear to have a lot of miniaturized hairs that would respond well to finasteride. I would definitely give the medication 12 months to do it's work. You may be surprised at how many grafts you don't need to use in a year from now. In terms of hairlines you do not want a hairline that you are growing out of by the time you are 40 and beyond. Without seeing your whole face it's difficult to judge but an elite surgeon will have the right idea. Have a look at the recommended surgeons on the forum by patient results (not by surgeon results). Look for one who turns out results with patients that have the same loss of hair as you with results you are looking for. Ensure they have a strong body of excellent work. All the best!

• Like 1