Surgeon and Clinic Suggestions and Help

Hi guys.  I have been on this site searching for some time, but this is my first post. I am a Norwood 2 and am on Finasteride and Minoxidil.

I live in the US and have a reservation in a few months with HLC (estimated 1500 grafts), but I have been reading that maybe they are not so great and it makes me think I should go elsewhere.  I contacted Dr. Couto, Dr. Pinto, and Dr. Ferreira, but they are not taking online consults and told me to contact them next year.  I have heard on this forum that Bisanga, Zarev, Lorenzo, Ximena Villa, de Freitas, Maras and Laorwong are good options.  In addition, I have seen the page of surgeon suggestions on this forum.  It is a bit overwhelming.  My budget is $10K US, but I could go higher.  The main point for me, is too get it done right the first time.  I would appreciate the input of the forum.

Also, I have seborrheic dermatitis in my donor area (not the recipient.  Does this mean I cannot get a hair transplant surgery?

Thanks in advance.

• Valued Contributor
14 minutes ago, Need Some Hair said:

My budget is $10K US, but I could go higher. 

That’s around £5 or €6 per graft assuming you do in fact only need around 1,500 grafts which opens you up to most of the best surgeons around. 

Everybody will have their own favourites from the top guys for hairline work. Dr Munib in Holland is unquestionably excellent but his pricing is dubiously vague and often ridiculously & prohibitively expensive (imo). I also really like Dr Feriduni’s hairlines. 

Seborrheic dermatitis is usually not something that will prevent you from getting a HT. It’s probably advisable to try and keep it in check with special shampoos and the occasional use of steroidal treatment like Betacap solution during flare ups but I’m sure you’re doing that already. 

22 minutes ago, Need Some Hair said:

Hi guys.  I have been on this site searching for some time, but this is my first post. I am a Norwood 2 and am on Finasteride and Minoxidil.

I live in the US and have a reservation in a few months with HLC (estimated 1500 grafts), but I have been reading that maybe they are not so great and it makes me think I should go elsewhere.  I contacted Dr. Couto, Dr. Pinto, and Dr. Ferreira, but they are not taking online consults and told me to contact them next year.  I have heard on this forum that Bisanga, Zarev, Lorenzo, Ximena Villa, de Freitas, Maras and Laorwong are good options.  In addition, I have seen the page of surgeon suggestions on this forum.  It is a bit overwhelming.  My budget is $10K US, but I could go higher.  The main point for me, is too get it done right the first time.  I would appreciate the input of the forum.

Also, I have seborrheic dermatitis in my donor area (not the recipient.  Does this mean I cannot get a hair transplant surgery?

Thanks in advance.

You have a good budget and as a NW 2 you wont need a big amount of grafts. If you can afford it my advice would be to avoid turkey and look some of the elite doctors in europe that will give you a much beter results. Pinto, Couto, de freitas are some of the best. Other doctors that you should look into are Bisanga and dr lupanzula in belgium, dr Muresanu from Hattingen hair in switzerland,  Maras at HDC in Cyprus, dr Zarev in Bulgaria, Mani mittal and dr edward ball in the uk. I think you should try and have consultations with multiple doctors and then make your decision.

Seb. dermatitis needs to be treated before getting a hairtransplant. You should see a dermatologist and probably start with ketoconazole shampoo and anti-dandruff shampoos. Adjusting your diet to help prevent outbrakes and minimize the inflammation is also recommended.

Thanks for you replies and suggestions. 

I have been using Ketoconazole shampoo for years, but have not had much luck.  I have switched to a Zinc Pyrithione shampoo, but it is too soon to know if that will work.  There is a new Dermatologist I am going to see so hopefully she can give me some help.  I have heard from some quarters that having Seborrheic dermatitis is not a big deal for a HT, but others say it is.

Are any of the above doctors easier to get an appointment with than others?

24 minutes ago, Need Some Hair said:

Thanks for you replies and suggestions. 

I have been using Ketoconazole shampoo for years, but have not had much luck.  I have switched to a Zinc Pyrithione shampoo, but it is too soon to know if that will work.  There is a new Dermatologist I am going to see so hopefully she can give me some help.  I have heard from some quarters that having Seborrheic dermatitis is not a big deal for a HT, but others say it is.

Are any of the above doctors easier to get an appointment with than others?

I think with Hattingen, Bisanga, Maras , Lupanzula it would be easier to get an appointment or online consultation. Your diat is also very importand for your dermatitis, you should discuss this with your dermatologist. In any case it would be safer from every point of view to have this treated before getting a ht.

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2024 at 6:52 PM, jjalay said:

I think with Hattingen, Bisanga, Maras , Lupanzula it would be easier to get an appointment or online consultation. Your diat is also very importand for your dermatitis, you should discuss this with your dermatologist. In any case it would be safer from every point of view to have this treated before getting a ht.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I believe that Bisanga does not do online consultations. 

I went to my dermatologist last week and he said my scalp is healthy enough for hair transplants.