Redness in Scar

I am trying to complete my SMP look but my scar is still red from scar revision surgery at Hasson and Wong. Anybody have suggestions on how to speed up the process of the scar being red and turning white so I can finish SMP on the scar?

it doesn’t appear red in pictures but it is!

IMG_6022.jpeg

IMG_6023.jpeg

IMG_6021.jpeg

How long ago was the revision? It can take a year or even longer for redness to subside and unfortunately sometimes it never does. I once had a client use a Fraxel laser to flatten his strip scars and also remove the redness. It was effective but this was attempted years after having the surgery. As far as applying topicals, my wife used Mederma and Scar Guard to help heal her C Section scar and it did improve it. 

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

On 3/14/2024 at 7:14 AM, rkd4084 said:

Thanks! My revision was not quite 5 months ago. 

Ok, I think you have a ways to go, especially on a revision. When it comes to strip scar concealment I've been addressing the entire donor zone so that it all blends seamlessly. 

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2024 at 12:42 AM, rkd4084 said:

I am trying to complete my SMP look but my scar is still red from scar revision surgery at Hasson and Wong. Anybody have suggestions on how to speed up the process of the scar being red and turning white so I can finish SMP on the scar?

IMG_6022.jpeg

IMG_6023.jpeg

IMG_6021.jpeg

Scar tissue takes 12 months to heal. If you get SMP before 12 months it will fade away quickly. As someone else mentioned try using aloe vera and don't get an SMP before 12 months.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2024 at 12:42 AM, rkd4084 said:

IMG_6022.jpeg

IMG_6023.jpeg

IMG_6021.jpeg

How is your scar now? In the past few days, I have also been doing good studies. It was surprising because, after everything possible, I was not doing well in writing. So I decided to get help from someone, and then I found this https://canadianwritings.com/ website, which is a writing service provider. I have used them three times now, for my assignment and essay, and now I am getting good grades. Now that you know my student life, you can also try.

How is your scar now?