anything i can do to prevent ridging / other scarring post op? Just had hair transplant

hi all,

after a long time researching, I had my hair transplant done recently by a very reputable/popular doctor (not on this forum). 

Unfortunately according to the doctor, because I'm prone to hypertrophic/keloid scarring there is a high chance that I end up with some sort of ridging & tenting &  scarring.

I'm at a point where I'm really starting to regret having had this done if I'm going to end up with bad scarring. 

Is there anything I can do now while I'm recovering (still within the 1st week post op) to prevent scars / ridging from forming? or at least minimize chance of scarring? 

Would PRP help? stem cell therapy? 

thank you!

There is not much that you can do now to prevent scarring that really work and has such preventing results. Anyways keloid is relative rare, how did you come to this conclusion that you are prone to scarring?

4 minutes ago, wouldLikeMoreHair said:

@jjalay i have some hypertrophic scarring on my shoulders from acne. I say hypertrophic since they're raised scars but they never got spread around like true keloids 

This doesnt mean that you will get keloids or scar streching after your hairtransplant. The skin on your head is alot thicker than on your shoulders and scarring after acne that wasnt treted right or lasted too long is not rare due to inflamation.

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, wouldLikeMoreHair said:

Unfortunately according to the doctor, because I'm prone to hypertrophic/keloid scarring there is a high chance that I end up with some sort of ridging & tenting &  scarring.

How did the doctor come to this finding? Is this your first procedure? Do you have scarring on your body elsewhere? Did you inform the doctor of this information? Just trying to clarify.

• Valued Contributor
8 minutes ago, wouldLikeMoreHair said:

@Gatsby yes i informed the doctor, i have scarring on my back (hypertrophic) and shoulders. And yes first procedure

I would seriously be guided by your surgeon's advice. So many surgeons could have just taken your money and left you in a really bad place.