Stem Cell Injections During Surgery - Was I conned?

I had my surgery in Turkey 2 weeks ago and half way through when I was in a semi stoned daze from the sedative they offered my stem cell injections for an additional £700. They offered if after I said I wouldn't take Propecia due to side effects in the past. They said the stem cell injections would last for 5 years and remove the need for Propecia. They said they normally charge £1500 for Stem Cell injections but because I was already having surgery with them it would be discounted. 

I told them I knew nothing about it and would need to do some research. I did some quick Googling and their appeared to be some research supporting its validity so I took a £700 gamble. They injected some more local anaesthetic and removed some fat or something from 3 spots behind my ear and then span it with my blood and administered it in the same needle with the PRP. 

Have I been conned? Will this remove the need for Propecia?

Please name and shame those con artists.

The effectiveness of 'stem cell injections' has not really been proven when it comes to MPB and even if they did, they do not under any circumstances act as a DHT blocker (propecia.)

• Like 1

I believe it was Este Medical as the OP has also posted his hair transplant thread. 

And Yeah you was was ripped off unfortunately, very shady to offer anything like that half way through a procedure. Clearly just a upsell to get the most amount of money they can from their patients. 

Who knows what they really did, they definitely wasn't doing you any favours by offering a huge discount on their so called "Stem cell" treatment... 

@StillAlive It was Este Medical. That's really disappointing to hear and I knew I was taking a risk. However, that is just your opinion isn't it. There is a possibility that its beneficial. I found some sites when I googled that said there is anecdotal evidence that it helps thicken up the hair and also speeds up growth. Having said that, I did have a gut feeling it was probably a con! Never mind, its done now. I just don't dare take Finasteride again because my experience with it in the past was so bad. Now Im worried that my existing hair is going to fall out without it. 

• Valued Contributor

There's a reason that none of the top clinics offer this. There's no good evidence that it is effective and frankly, to be upsold something mid-surgery is ethically dubious.

2 hours ago, Portugal said:

Now Im worried that my existing hair is going to fall out without it. 

How old are you?