Where can I buy minoxidil in Australia🇦🇺 ?

Haris

I will be moving to Australia very soon. I was wondering from where can I buy topical minoxidil Is there any particular brand, which actually works better ?
Will I need a prescription to get a topical one?

And, I’ve few bottles of topical minoxidil each contains 60ml.  Will I have to declare that while entering ? 

Just now, Haris said:

I will be moving to Australia very soon. I was wondering from where can I buy topical minoxidil Is there any particular brand, which actually works better ?
Will I need a prescription to get a topical one?

And, I’ve few bottles of topical minoxidil each contains 60ml.  Will I have to declare that while entering ? 

@Gatsby.... One for you 👍

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
Posted (edited)

He @Haris. Here topical minoxidil is just bought over the counter at any pharmacy. Regaine is popular but probably the most expensive. There is a brand called Wagners at Chemist Wharehouse that sells three months supply for $49. And five months supply for around $75. AUD obviously not USD. 

Edited by Gatsby
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

Of note if you see a GP here get a referral to a dermatologist. Oral minoxidil brand name Loniten made by Pfizer comes in 100 x 10mg tablets for $30 AUD. I am on 5mg a day so I break the tablet in half and $30 lasts me two hundred days. If you were to take 2.5mg per day then that $30 works out to four hundred days! All the best. Feel free to ask any questions. All the best! 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

He @Haris. Here topical minoxidil is just bought over the counter at shy pharmacy. Regaine is popular but probably the most expensive. There is a brand called Wagners at Chemist Wharehouse that sells three months supply for $49. And five months supply for around $75. AUD obviously not USD. 

Thanks a lot for providing all these informations 🙏

And lastly,

I have few months supply each bottle contains 60ml. Will I need to declare ?