Cutting hair while on Oral Minox and Finasteride?

dc3

Hi Folks,

Longtime lurker. I have been in the process of getting consultations from a few doctors with regards to transplants. They have all suggested that I go on Oral Minox and Finasteride for a minimum of a year before proceeding (which was what I intended on doing even before going through consultations). I have a question about cutting my hair. Would cutting my hair have any affect on the efficacy of the drugs? For more context I am in NW7 territory so to at least "look presentable" I usually just shave my hair and rock the bald look. Would I still be able to do this and say around the 4-5 month mark grow the hair out to see progress?  and repeat growing my hair out again a few times later down the line to monitor progress ? or would I be left with having to keep the trainwreck I hav on top of my head at the moment?

Thanks for all advice.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, dc3 said:

Would cutting my hair have any affect on the efficacy of the drugs?

No.

13 hours ago, dc3 said:

to at least "look presentable" I usually just shave my hair and rock the bald look. Would I still be able to do this and say around the 4-5 month mark grow the hair out to see progress?

Yes. That's actually a good idea because then you're not looking in the mirror all the time trying to see if you are growing any new hair. Hopefully you get a nice surprise when you start growing it out later.

13 hours ago, dc3 said:

and repeat growing my hair out again a few times later down the line to monitor progress ?

Yes you can do that. The length of your hair doesn't matter.

• Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.