Early Growers v Late Growers v Results

Is there a correlation b/w final results and how fast you begin to see growth?

Do early growers tend to have better final results? Or are they equal to late growers? Or no difference?

Stingray, did you experience early growth with your Armani ht?

Thanks!

Abe

Had 3k With Umar on Feb 16, 2009

My Hair Loss Website

Is there a correlation b/w final results and how fast you begin to see growth?

Do early growers tend to have better final results? Or are they equal to late growers? Or no difference?

Stingray, did you experience early growth with your Armani ht?

Thanks!

Abe

Had 3k With Umar on Feb 16, 2009

My Hair Loss Website

I think Spex is right, ultimately. But, I think there is another "answer", which is just an issue of perspective.

There is the #grafts/cm, which is generally what gets most of our focus and attention. But hair characteristics -- hair caliber, specifically -- can't be understated. Essentially, it is like augmenting the #grafts/cm when positive.

The cases of "early growth" that spring to mind almost always lead to "spectacular result". Non-early growth also can, but "early growth" seems to achieve the ultimate in end-results. These cases almost always have one if not both of the following, however: excellent hair caliber, a very high baseline level of grafts/cm implanting.

It becomes something of an issue of perspective, or another branch extending from the Illusion of Density Tree.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I think grafts density play a major role here. Assuming doctor A plants at 50 grafts/cm2 and doctor B plants at 70 grafts/cm2. If both cases achieve a growth rate of 30% at the 3 month mark, we will obviously see more growth for the higher density case, even though the yield is the same. It is also likely that the second case will be perceived as an early grower compared to the first case.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Follow up on my earlier post: higher density tends to lead to early growers, and then tend to lead to better or more satisfactory results.

However, an important point to be remember is donor is limited and one should always try to properly plan the HT and save grafts as hair loss progresses. I would rather have an average (or lukewarm) result for my hairline, top, and crown, rather than have a great hairline/top but a balding crown, because there is not have enough grafts left.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley