Paulo Costa, is this typical for sweaty/oily hair after a HT?

So anyone here who follows MMA probably knows who Paulo Costa is and that he had a HT a couple years back. I think he got somewhere around 4k grafts. Honesty his hair looks very good when he’s not sweaty, I think the general consensus is he had a good HT
4AFACF70-976C-4894-BEF0-4FC026F91B94.jpeg.3c4b0e8a774bc8d411c3148aad030e49.jpeg6E113EC6-09B7-4B10-BC13-1474BB14AEA3.thumb.jpeg.e368ba92fd5904b3c4ed2df943f480a5.jpeg

he’s a diffuse thinner, very possibly accelerated by “secret juice”.

But when he fights, starts sweating, the hair looks pretty rough:

9CA0683C-1B94-4B77-9DB9-309E6F17DC13.jpeg.04941dc2156e7dfa5ad629760f6451bc.jpeg8E007121-CBB6-4A82-AC90-E60B678778C3.jpeg.08b0125449c1b54e7326449a2c29b3be.jpeg

is this typical even for a good HT, or can an elite doctor overcome even this with graft placement? Usually when people post results, they don’t post in such rough conditions. Many who get a HT go to the gym though and sweat, so this is a realistic scenario for some.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Savemyhairline said:

So anyone here who follows MMA probably knows who Paulo Costa is and that he had a HT a couple years back. I think he got somewhere around 4k grafts. Honesty his hair looks very good when he’s not sweaty, I think the general consensus is he had a good HT
4AFACF70-976C-4894-BEF0-4FC026F91B94.jpeg.3c4b0e8a774bc8d411c3148aad030e49.jpeg6E113EC6-09B7-4B10-BC13-1474BB14AEA3.thumb.jpeg.e368ba92fd5904b3c4ed2df943f480a5.jpeg

he’s a diffuse thinner, very possibly accelerated by “secret juice”.

But when he fights, starts sweating, the hair looks pretty rough:

9CA0683C-1B94-4B77-9DB9-309E6F17DC13.jpeg.04941dc2156e7dfa5ad629760f6451bc.jpeg8E007121-CBB6-4A82-AC90-E60B678778C3.jpeg.08b0125449c1b54e7326449a2c29b3be.jpeg

is this typical even for a good HT, or can an elite doctor overcome even this with graft placement? Usually when people post results, they don’t post in such rough conditions. Many who get a HT go to the gym though and sweat, so this is a realistic scenario for some.

I saw his fight last week. It comes down to hair dry vs. wet. When he fights and gets sweaty hair is wet and shows more scalp. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, jjalay said:

Maybe he lost more hair, maybe the hairtransplant was not that succesful, maybe he uses toppik off the ring, maybe these pictures are not that good. Who knows.

He posts pics to his Instagram where. He’s training and his hair looks quite thin, but also posts pics where it looks thick. So it’s possible he uses toppik. I was more just curious if this is the typical thing a HT patient sees.

13 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I saw his fight last week. It comes down to hair dry vs. wet. When he fights and gets sweaty hair is wet and shows more scalp. 

Yeah. Always fun to watch him fight, I saw it as well. Robert Whittaker’s hair looked pretty perfect, as he naturally has thick hair and no MPB. Would you say the majority of HT patients have a similar look when wet like that?

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Savemyhairline said:

Yeah. Always fun to watch him fight, I saw it as well. Robert Whittaker’s hair looked pretty perfect, as he naturally has thick hair and no MPB. Would you say the majority of HT patients have a similar look when wet like that?

I would say 100% of HT patients with diffuse hair loss will look like that when wet.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I would say 100% of HT patients with diffuse hair loss will look like that when wet.

His hair does, in my opinion, look good when dry. He could probably do another operation in his midscalp/crown if he wanted but his hairline and frontal third is good, when dry. He also has a pretty good skin to hair contrast, not as good as someone darker skinned with that hair but still quite good. Seems like dermatch would help him during fights 

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Savemyhairline said:

His hair does, in my opinion, look good when dry. He could probably do another operation in his midscalp/crown if he wanted but his hairline and frontal third is good, when dry. He also has a pretty good skin to hair contrast, not as good as someone darker skinned with that hair but still quite good. Seems like dermatch would help him during fights 

I would opt for SMP. Dermmatch may smear, and that would be super embarrassing during a fight. SMP with a short buzz cut would probably be the best option when he fights.

View my thread

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I would opt for SMP. Dermmatch may smear, and that would be super embarrassing during a fight. SMP with a short buzz cut would probably be the best option when he fights.

Good point. Guys like him with relatively dark skin and dark hair are perfect candidates for smp