Traveling to India from US for HT - Recommendations and advice?

I'll be leaving for Eugenix in a little over a week. I can't wait! My only real anxiety is related to the travel. The furthest I have ever flown is about 8 hours. My total flight time from the US to India is about 21 hours, so over 2.5 times longer. I'm looking for travel advice from you veterans!ย 

1. What do I need to make sure I have in my carry-on and personal item bag? I don't plan to check a bag, by the way.

2. What can I do to make the flight as comfortable as possible? I have already chosen my preferred seats, so what else?

3. What do you recommend that I bring to pass the time? I have heard to download movies onto my laptop. Does the seat have some way to plug in my laptop? My battery won't last 10 hours if I am watching video. (This is probably a dumb question, but...ย  ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธย ๐Ÿ˜…)

4.ย  What do I need to do to prepare for India specifically? Anything?

5.ย  Will I have any issues using my credit card? I have notified my bank of my trip, so they shouldn't give me problems.

6.ย  Do I need to pull INR out of an ATM as soon as I get there? If so, how much? I don't intend to do any sightseeing. My plan is to hang out in my room and work and heal.

7. For you Eugenix veterans, do you have any tips to help me find my ride to the hotel quickly and easily?

ย 

Is there a question that I should have asked and didn't?ย ๐Ÿค”

Thanks!

15 hours ago, Odysseus said:

I'll be leaving for Eugenix in a little over a week. I can't wait! My only real anxiety is related to the travel. The furthest I have ever flown is about 8 hours. My total flight time from the US to India is about 21 hours, so over 2.5 times longer. I'm looking for travel advice from you veterans!ย 

1. What do I need to make sure I have in my carry-on and personal item bag? I don't plan to check a bag, by the way.

2. What can I do to make the flight as comfortable as possible? I have already chosen my preferred seats, so what else?

3. What do you recommend that I bring to pass the time? I have heard to download movies onto my laptop. Does the seat have some way to plug in my laptop? My battery won't last 10 hours if I am watching video. (This is probably a dumb question, but...ย  ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธย ๐Ÿ˜…)

5.ย  Will I have any issues using my credit card? I have notified my bank of my trip, so they shouldn't give me problems.

6.ย  Do I need to pull INR out of an ATM as soon as I get there? If so, how much? I don't intend to do any sightseeing. My plan is to hang out in my room and work and heal.

7. For you Eugenix veterans, do you have any tips to help me find my ride to the hotel quickly and easily?

ย 

Thanks!

1. Button shirts & zipper hoodie and you can also take a neck pillow.ย 

2. I think trying to fall asleep would be a better approach.

3. Definitely watching movies

5. Hopefully won't be an issue

6. Having some cash can be beneficialย 

7. In my case, they mentioned terminal and gate no. So, ask them before you departure

• Valued Contributor
17 hours ago, Odysseus said:

ย 

Thanks!

Youโ€™re pretty much right with what you have ticked off. Bring a power point adapter so you can charge your phone there. You can take some INR but itโ€™s not mandatory. Buy a SIM card from the Delhi airport unless your phone is fine to use overseas. I had a plastic folder with plastic sheets with me. In each one I put my printed out visa, my airplane ticket, international Covid vaccination print out, copy of insurance, etc. You donโ€™t need to do this but I just like to have everything in one place to be organized. Make sure you continue to spray your grafts on the flight back as directed. All the best!ย