Did they extract my grafts from the safe part of my donor area? I’m not sure what that stuff near my crown is?

Just want to make sure they don’t extract from the dht sensitive donor area. It was 2500 grafts. Lastly, I have no idea what the stuff in the red circle is. I don’t remember them putting grafts in my crown area.

IMG_1819.png

A dirty little secret is doctors often will extract grafts outside of the formal/conservative/guaranteed safe donor area

The reason is that the "safe area" informally varies depending on what level norwood you progress too

For example, if your surgeon is pretty certain you will never progress past Norwood 3 in your life, he may be alot more aggressive and fast and loose with the safe area as opposed to if he thought you were destined to be a NW6, etc. 

No surgeon will ever admit this unless you press them on it though. Because it definitely is gambling on the surgeon part, but if you go to a good surgeon it will be a reasonably safe and logical gamble (if you can call gambling safe and reasonable lol)

• Valued Contributor
18 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

A dirty little secret is doctors often will extract grafts outside of the formal/conservative/guaranteed safe donor area

The reason is that the "safe area" informally varies depending on what level norwood you progress too

For example, if your surgeon is pretty certain you will never progress past Norwood 3 in your life, he may be alot more aggressive and fast and loose with the safe area as opposed to if he thought you were destined to be a NW6, etc. 

No surgeon will ever admit this unless you press them on it though. Because it definitely is gambling on the surgeon part, but if you go to a good surgeon it will be a reasonably safe and logical gamble (if you can call gambling safe and reasonable lol)

I agree 

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023