new hair growth

OK I am getting a bit restless. It is just over 3 months post-op and although I can feel the new l  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

yes i started using minox about 3.5 weeks ago so not long enough to reap the benefits i guess.

C'mon people let's get some more answers to the poll. don't worry your response is anonymous.

How would minox speed up transplanted hair growth?

I'm curious, because I figured it was the same theory behind Propecia, to fight the DHT problem.

If so, would DHT actually slow the progress of hairs "programmed to survive?"

Unless minox works in some other way.

I don't see how anyone would notice anything before 6 months if it takes 4 months for the hairs to even get into a growing phase. I myself am content to wait 8 months to a year to see real results, that seems to be about a good timeframe (but not the final result).

Joe,

Nobody knows the "mechanism of action" of Rogaine, but it is NOT a DHT blocker! This is a common misconception. Rogaine is NOT a topical DHT blocker. It seems to somehow stimulate the follicle in a beneficial way after transplant. I have NO idea how it does, but there is NO question it does. Even though you are willing to wait 8 mos for your final result, realize that Rogaine in the first few months seems to result in a THICKER overall appearance.

Dr. Feller

Specializing in FUE and Strip HT surgery

www.fellermedical.com

516-487-3797

Heh, and I was wondering about Rogaine actually helping DHT buildup... because the stuff feels like buildup. I just heard that somewhere and ran with it.

I been using Rogaine for a while now and certainly have noticed the peach fuzz has flourished. I started on Propecia as well, so I guess there's a benefit to using both afterall.

As far as my comment about noticing results, I meant casual observers view a head after a hair transplant.

Thanks for the info and clarification.

Hope to see you soon.

Hey JC,

I was in the same boat as you around 3 months. The new hairs were very small and wispy. So small in fact that the camera couldn't focus in close enough to capture the new hairs. About a month later closer to the 4 month period they began to thicken up.

Hang in there a couple more months and the new hairs will be much more noticeable. For me it seemed like it happened almost overnight.

Cam

Cam's Transplant

I'm also in the same boat but this is my second HT. I started as a NW 6, close to a 7 and, after 4 months now, am having trouble seeing any growth from my last HT. Does anyone have an estimate on how long it will take to see substantial results for # 2? The # of grafts I had in both # 1 and # 2 was around 1100 so I haven't much to hide any growth.

dude,your in the same boat as me,4 months post op and the hairs are just starting to pop up,problem is if your like me,my hair is brownish-blond so the new hairs are so faint and light in color,that it took me 6 months last time to see a cosmetic difference,i'm sure it will be the same or a little longer now.good luck and who was your surgeon.