Do the slits or implanting determine the hair direction?

• Valued Contributor

Slit making is a crucial step in hair transplant surgery because it determines the direction, angle, depth, and density of hair growth. These incisions try to mimic the native hair direction and density, ensuring the transplanted hair looks natural and blends seamlessly with the existing hair. Properly made slits also facilitate the precise placement of grafts, maximizing their survival and growth post-surgery. Essentially, slit making is vital for achieving aesthetically pleasing results.

In addition to mimicking the natural hair pattern and facilitating precise graft placement, slit making in hair transplant surgery is important for minimizing trauma to the scalp tissue. By carefully creating small, precise incisions, surgeons can reduce the risk of damage to surrounding blood vessels and nerves, leading to faster healing and less post-operative discomfort for the patient. This meticulous approach also helps to minimize scarring and ensure optimal outcomes for the transplant recipient.

I hope this helps you . Good luck .

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023