20-year old british woman dies after undergoing surgery in Turkey

if she truly was very obese, I wonder if the UK's national healtchare system would have paid for a UK procedure. Going to a cheaper country for surgery is something Americans need to do because of our appalling healthcare, interesting that a European would do this. 

I also wonder if she tried Ozempic or other treatments before going to Turkey. 

19 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

if she truly was very obese, I wonder if the UK's national healtchare system would have paid for a UK procedure. Going to a cheaper country for surgery is something Americans need to do because of our appalling healthcare, interesting that a European would do this. 

I think the waiting list to get this treated in the uk takes to long. This is why she choose tukrey and because of the cost. But letting this patient with this symptoms travel 3 days after surgery and without even realising what is going on is really criminal.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, HappyMan2021 said:

It says in the article that she didn't want to have to wait years being on the NHS waiting list for such surgery, so seems that she could have gotten it done here with more patience.

Not that it's the same surgery or that anyone rushing off to Turkey for a HT is likely to end up in an early grave, but that does rather hammer home the point about why it really is best to wait and not dive into the deep end of the pool so young with these things; bad decisions are often made in haste.

I dont know why the link has been removed but the name of the woman was morgan maria ribeiro. If you do a research on this in google you can find all the information.

Where's the story at? What's the background? 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella