Is this DUPA (Microscope pictures)

3 minutes ago, Eli_Avdikian said:

No it's not. Hair is naturally thinner around the ears. At worst it could be retrograde alopecia. Do you have a "microscopic" image ?

This is not from around the ears its BETWEEN the ears, like at the back of my head but between the two ears, that 'strip' so to speak. These are microscopic images?

13 minutes ago, jaystev01 said:

Here is another picture more zoomed out, same region. 

hair.png

In this pic, the miniaturization is minimal. The hair generally looks healthy

Edited by Eli_Avdikian
  • Like 1

From what I know up to 20% miniaturization is fairly normal, anything above could be considered as DUPA. Your case looks fine to me but I am not a dermatologist so it might be better to get a professional opinion.

Jump on meds if you haven't already and that will hopefully reverse the miniaturization in your donor area.

Edited by Ccd99
  • Consultation with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Nov 2023 - - link to thread documenting my pre-hair restoration journey
  • First surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Sept 2024 -  - approx. 3500 grafts to frontal third - thread to be created
  • Second surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - TBD - - approx. 2500 grafts to mid-scalp and vertex - thread to be created

Echo what Ccd99 said, some miniaturization is normal. I have it too but when the hair grows out it's quite thick. Grow out your donor for a few months and most likely it'll look normal.