Norwood 6 Questions

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Approach said:

Generally speaking, are most USA surgeons against doing mega-sessions? 

The cost in the USA for FUE is too high for most people to do a megasession there. At $8.50 per graft for 6000 grafts that comes to $51,000. On top of that there's the fact that technicians aren't allowed to do as much of the work as they can in some other countries, so it's a slower process. Then there's the generally more conservative approach that USA Drs have which is to conserve donor for the future.

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2024 at 11:39 AM, BeHappy said:

The cost in the USA for FUE is too high for most people to do a megasession there. At $8.50 per graft for 6000 grafts that comes to $51,000. On top of that there's the fact that technicians aren't allowed to do as much of the work as they can in some other countries, so it's a slower process. Then there's the generally more conservative approach that USA Drs have which is to conserve donor for the future.

USA surgeons want the best results.  Thus, it seems they would do more megasessions regardless of cost.  Constructively, you could almost make the case that USA doctors would refer patients to oversees locations for megasessions....since they prefer not to.