Some new hairs not growing

Hi all, 

Some of the newly transplanted hair is growing before it sheds (six weeks post procedure). But, some of that same transplanted hair is not growing at all, staying the same length as when first transplanted (some have shed but some are still there). Does this sound regular to you? 

Thanks! 

18 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

Yeh that's normal and most of your transplanted hairs will shed off within 3 months post op...usually the shedding is at its peak in 2nd month 

Thank you! 
But I am curious about the hairs that are not growing because some of the transplanted hair gained in length before it feel off and some are still the same length as when first transplanted. I assume they will follow off too but just curious why they never grew in length. 

The transplanted hairs are not actually growing in the weeks following surgery.  They have shed from the follicle and are being pushed out, so they appear to be getting longer.  Hair will shed at different times.  Dr Lorenzo explained this to me.  

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

On 12/30/2023 at 12:41 AM, splitting hairs said:

The transplanted hairs are not actually growing in the weeks following surgery.  They have shed from the follicle and are being pushed out, so they appear to be getting longer.  Hair will shed at different times.  Dr Lorenzo explained this to me.  

Thank you for your response. Great explanation.