Rogaine foam and Dermmatch

Maddog1

I have been using Rogaine foam for some time now, using it twice a day. I have recently started using Dermmatch as well. I was wondering how the rest of you applied Rogaine in the evening? Do you shower off the Dermmatch or other concealer, before applying Rogaine?

I called the 800 number for Rogaine, and spoke to someone about this, and they said that I should wash this out of my hair before applying. Sounds like a pain each night. Do you all do that? He also said that I should wait 15 minutes after applying Rogaine to put in any gel or concealer.

What are your thoughts?

Maddog,

Dermmatch hair loss cover-up can create a thin (or even thick) layer on the balding scalp quite possibly preventing full absorption of the Rogaine. Though it's not highly convenient, I happen to agree with the Rogaine representative that washing out the Dermmatch before applying Rogaine is the best way to allow for full penetration of and absorption into the scalp.

I also agree that it's best to let the Rogaine dry on your scalp before applying any styling products or concealers. If you don't want to wait 15 minutes, use a hairdryer on a low cool setting and run it over your hair for fast drying. Be sure not to use heat.

Best wishes,

Bill