Finasterid 0.25

Hey you can lower dose to 0,25 and if they side goes away, you can go up to 1 mg again. The medication is building up in your system so in the long run, they have same effect I guess. 
I noticed the sides effect to the first week on my meds, and after lowering dose, the sides went away. I’m now at 1 mg and for 3 months now without problem 

6 hours ago, Thagppps said:

Hey you can lower dose to 0,25 and if they side goes away, you can go up to 1 mg again. The medication is building up in your system so in the long run, they have same effect I guess. 
I noticed the sides effect to the first week on my meds, and after lowering dose, the sides went away. I’m now at 1 mg and for 3 months now without problem 

How much did you lower it to when you got sides?

That is quite impressive that having experienced sides first you managed to go up to 1mg daily.  

4 hours ago, xabi86 said:

How much did you lower it to when you got sides?

That is quite impressive that having experienced sides first you managed to go up to 1mg daily.  

To 0,25 , and I went back to 1 after a week when the sides went away. 

@nevo,

The truth is, everybody is different and medication works differently for everybody. While some are exceptional responders to finasteride anime even see a significant reversal in their genetic hair loss, others may continue to lose hair.  The truth is, everybody is different and medication works differently for everybody. While some are exceptional responders to finasteride anime even see a significant reversal in their genetic hair loss, others may continue to lose hair.  Most however, fall in between and typically maintain the existing hair they have.

similarly, the amount of medication that works for each individual will vary. The recommended dosage is 1 mg.  In my opinion, speak to a doctor about dosage before taking the medication or changing it. That said, it’s important to work for a doctor to find those that works for you. If you are experiencing side effects at the recommended 1 mg dose, you may want to talk to your doctor about reducing it to see if that works. But to address your original point, yes, some men will respond well to a lower dose of finasteride and some will likely need a higher dose or even have to switch to Dutasteride.

I hope this helps 

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.