Cold/Flu/Covid shortly after hair transplant

Hey, I'm currently day 7 post FUE. The past 24 hours I've developed a mild dry cough and a sore throat. Can this affect the results of hair transplant? Obviously I've asked this question to my surgeon, and waiting for a response, but curious what others think.

1 hour ago, son2 said:

Hey, I'm currently day 7 post FUE. The past 24 hours I've developed a mild dry cough and a sore throat. Can this affect the results of hair transplant? Obviously I've asked this question to my surgeon, and waiting for a response, but curious what others think.

I don't think that it'll have an impact, don't worry

@son2,

Don’t worry, people get sick all the time and it doesn’t affect their hair transplant result.  So whether it be the flu, a common cold or even Covid… just take good care of yourself like you normally would and you’re transplanted hair will grow normally as it should.  Newly transplanted hair typically starts to grow between three and five months after your procedure and will take up to 12 to 18 months to fully mature.

I hope this helps

Patient Advocate - Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.