Is this shock loss? 2500 grafts Dr. Yaman Istanbul

Hello,

I went to Dr. Yaman late July for 2500 grafts to get my hairline improved and a little density in my mid-scalp. The procedure went well aside from one side of my hairline not being lowered enough, requiring me to come back the next day and get 50 grafts added. Overall I had a good experience but as I’ve noticed my hair grow back I believe I am missing a good amount of my native hair density. 

Now when I push my hair around I can easily see my bald areas and my scalp is more visible. Does this mean I experienced shock loss or is my native hair still growing? The first pic is me pre-op, I know it looks like I have a good amount of hair but I was thinning a good amount. I was fine with my hair but wanted to potentially get what my old hair looked like. My hair is styled well in here too. Second pic is after I shaved my head. Third pic is post op. 4th pic is approximately more than a month after the procedure, with some shedding. Every other pic after is now at 4 months. 

please help and let me know what you think! I am not on finasteride due to the side effects I had and only taking minoxidil. I was advised to discontinue it 2 months after the procedure. 

I am now starting month 4 and not sure if this is shock loss or a lack of my hair fully grown yet. 

IMG_0515.png

IMG_7661.jpeg

IMG_7714.jpeg

IMG_0587.png

IMG_0538.jpeg

IMG_0548.jpeg

IMG_0519.jpeg

IMG_0524.jpeg

Edited just now by mojones

The growth is fine for 4 months. But We cant really judge from these photos. In the pre op photo your problem is hidden, when in post op photos you expose your problem. Keep in mind that if you dont get finasteride the hair loss is progressing. So you need to start finasteride. Anyway its only 4 months now, so still very early. You will expect much more growth on the upcoming months.

Edited by Divinehair

7 hours ago, Divinehair said:

The growth is fine for 4 months. But We cant really judge from these photos. In the pre op photo your problem is hidden, when in post op photos you expose your problem. Keep in mind that if you dont get finasteride the hair loss is progressing. So you need to start finasteride. Anyway its only 4 months now, so still very early. You will expect much more growth on the upcoming months.

This is a close up of my scalp after shaving my head pre-op. Please let me know if this helps 

IMG_0595.png

IMG_0594.png

Edited by mojones

This looks definitely like schockloss in the recipient area. This can happen due to many reasons, the anaesthecia applies, the trauma, to the skin or implanting too close to the native hair. Your native hair will start growing together with the new implanted hair in the recipient area. You are at 4 months so now you should definitely wait to see a big improvement in the next 2-3 months. You can also try to use medication like oral minoxidil and msm to give growth a boost.

1 hour ago, mojones said:

This is a close up of my scalp after shaving my head pre-op. Please let me know if this helps 

IMG_0595.png

IMG_0594.png

Well from these pre op photos it seems that you already had diffuse alopecia before the surgery and you had significant thinning and bald spots before your hair transplant...You didnt had full head of hair before the surgery in order to expect to have full head now, but you aleady had thinning areas from before...
Minoxidil also causes some shock loss, which push some thinning hairs to fall initially and then to grow back more strong.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Divinehair said:

Well from these pre op photos it seems that you already had diffuse alopecia before the surgery and you had significant thinning and bald spots before your hair transplant...You didnt had full head of hair before the surgery in order to expect to have full head now, but you aleady had thinning areas from before...
Minoxidil also causes some shock loss, which push some thinning hairs to fall initially and then to grow back more strong.

Thank you, that makes sense. My hair looked thicker before compared to what it is right now. Is it because my native hair has not fully grown in yet after shaving my head? What could be the reason it doesn’t look similar to my pre-op picture? I do know now that I am experiencing shock loss. Should I wait till 6 months and reevaluate if my native hairs came back?

10 minutes ago, mojones said:

Thank you, that makes sense. My hair looked thicker before compared to what it is right now. Is it because my native hair has not fully grown in yet after shaving my head? What could be the reason it doesn’t look similar to my pre-op picture? I do know now that I am experiencing shock loss. Should I wait till 6 months and reevaluate if my native hairs came back?

After shaving your head pre op the surgery, it seems that you already had thinning in your scalp and balds spots even before the surgery. So you shouldnt expect full head now...But in general as i said to you minoxidil can cause some shock loss to thinning hairs that you had pre op. Anyway you should let your hair to grow and evaluate at 12 months. Now your grafts yield in the transplanted areas seems to be progressing well for 4 months. So just be patient.

Edited by Divinehair