Do I have shock loss at 4 months? 2500 grafts Dr. Yaman Istanbul

mojones

Hello,

I went to Dr. Yaman late July for 2500 grafts to get my hairline improved and a little density in my mid-scalp. The procedure went well aside from one side of my hairline not being lowered enough, requiring me to come back the next day and get 50 grafts added. Overall I had a good experience but as I’ve noticed my hair grow back I believe I am missing a good amount of my native hair density. 

Now when I push my hair around I can easily see my bald areas and my scalp is more visible. Does this mean I experienced shock loss or is my native hair still growing? The first pic is me pre-op, I know it looks like I have a good amount of hair but I was thinning a good amount. I was fine with my hair but wanted to potentially get what my old hair looked like. My hair is styled well in here too. Second pic is after I shaved my head. Third pic is post op. 4th pic is approximately more than a month after the procedure, with some shedding. Every other pic after is now at 4 months. 

please help and let me know what you think! I am not on finasteride due to the side effects I had and only taking minoxidil. I was advised to discontinue it 2 months after the procedure. 

I am now starting month 4 and not sure if this is shock loss or a lack of my hair fully grown yet. 

IMG_0515.png

IMG_7661.jpeg

IMG_7714.jpeg

IMG_0587.png

IMG_0538.jpeg

IMG_0548.jpeg

IMG_0519.jpeg

IMG_0524.jpeg

Edited just now by mojones

Edited by mojones

• mojones changed the title to Do I have shock loss at 4 months? 2500 grafts Dr. Yaman Istanbul
7 hours ago, mojones said:

Hello,

I went to Dr. Yaman late July for 2500 grafts to get my hairline improved and a little density in my mid-scalp. The procedure went well aside from one side of my hairline not being lowered enough, requiring me to come back the next day and get 50 grafts added. Overall I had a good experience but as I’ve noticed my hair grow back I believe I am missing a good amount of my native hair density. 

Now when I push my hair around I can easily see my bald areas and my scalp is more visible. Does this mean I experienced shock loss or is my native hair still growing? The first pic is me pre-op, I know it looks like I have a good amount of hair but I was thinning a good amount. I was fine with my hair but wanted to potentially get what my old hair looked like. My hair is styled well in here too. Second pic is after I shaved my head. Third pic is post op. 4th pic is approximately more than a month after the procedure, with some shedding. Every other pic after is now at 4 months. 

please help and let me know what you think! I am not on finasteride due to the side effects I had and only taking minoxidil. I was advised to discontinue it 2 months after the procedure. 

I am now starting month 4 and not sure if this is shock loss or a lack of my hair fully grown yet. 

IMG_0515.png

IMG_7661.jpeg

IMG_7714.jpeg

IMG_0587.png

IMG_0538.jpeg

IMG_0548.jpeg

IMG_0519.jpeg

IMG_0524.jpeg

Edited just now by mojones

Here is another pic of my shaved head pre-op

IMG_0595.png