Hair transplant # How long should I wait for hair transplant

I am Norwood 3V with crown baldness as you can see in pictures. 34 Male from India.
I am on medication from last few year like minoxidile and oral after the doctor consulation. 

Having been on this platform for quite some time and reading the experiences and results of others, I must say that this platform helps us a great deal.

In 2011-12, I started to notice a decrease in the density of my temporal and hair line so in 2012, I consulted a doctor, who prescribed me 2% minoxidil spray for hair and later gave me 5% and then 10 %.

Slowly and slowly the hairline started receding even after taking medicine and in 2017 I noticed a small point at my crown area from where my hair started to fall out.

i continued minoxidil and medicine but still hair fall will continue but not very aggressive rate.

It was in 2020 that I got COVID-19 and my hair started thinning rapidly. I consulted another doctor in Delhi (Medlinks) and also asked about hair transplant procedures and prices.

I was told to wait a few months so your temporary hair loss due to post-covid would stop. I almost completely recovered from it after 3-4 months.

In 2022 again, I consulted Eugenix to determine how much hair/graft was needed. The doctor told me around 1800-2000 grafts would be needed and for crown it we would recover with Finax 1 mg.

should i wait some more time or get the hair transplant at this time?

IMG-20220522-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20220522-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20220522-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20220522-WA0014.jpg

20230322_163806.jpg

20230322_163819.jpg

20230322_163916.jpg

20230425_185810.jpg

You have good hair volume in the frontal third section and IMHO, wait on doing any surgery as that should be the last resort…I definitely agree to start finasteride for your crown and see how much improvement there is in 12 months.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY