3 monthes after HT can i do haircut on the transplanted hair?

1 hour ago, jjalay said:

Most clinics reccoment no razor blade or electric shaver in the recipient area for the first six months. Better use scissors.

i heard about reccomands like this

but in the clinic that i did HT they told me that i able to cut my hair as i want and with any grade ( and i did in good clinic ,and this clinic reccomand here also in the forum )

so i would like to hear more responds

btw by logic i dont understand why its risky to haircut the transplanted hair.. because the hair is safe in this point and the head got healed very well.. 

Edited by gogo123

2 minutes ago, gogo123 said:

i heard about reccomands like this

but in the clinic that i did HT they told me that i able to cut my hair as i want and with any grade ( and i did in good clinic ,and this clinic reccomand here also in the forum )

so i would like to hear more responds

btw by logic i dont understand why its risky to haircut the transplanted hair.. because the hair is safe in this point and the head got healed very well.. 

It might cause some skin irritation or even worst infection that might affect the hair growth or overall survival rate of the grafts. If your clinic said its ok then go with it.

Most scalps, if not all scalps, should be completely healed and barren of any scabs or crusts…still, using a motorized clippers can put stress on the hair in its early growth phase and why many doctors advise against it until the initial regrowth phase has completed.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

The real issue is the amount of tension  that a clipper produces, it’s not so much the length of the hair after it’s cut.

• Like 1

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

15 hours ago, streethawk said:

I used clippers after a month- was fine

I bet your clippers were sharp and the blades were not dull…the more dull the blades, the more tension is created.

Gillenator

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2023 at 11:30 AM, gillenator said:

Most scalps, if not all scalps, should be completely healed and barren of any scabs or crusts…still, using a motorized clippers can put stress on the hair in its early growth phase and why many doctors advise against it until the initial regrowth phase has completed.

Even with a guard?

If the blades are not sharp, the guide will not help minimize the drag and tension that the clippers can put on the hair shafts.

Gillenator