Travelling immediately after a transplant

hey fam!

I have booked my last minute transplant with Dr Bicer and am VERY EXCITED. I am in the process of booking my flights and my best option is 4 days after my transplant. Would you consider this too early? I can also push it to 6 days if necessary. Let me know!

I'm doing the same next week, 4 days after procedure. There are many people who are even leaving on the very next day which is too much for me. But, after 4 days swelling should subside at least to some degree. Don't worry about that, be wary of surroundings and don't bump your head somewhere. That's my biggest concern, for example, because I'm very tall.

I just got back yesterday from seeing Dr Bicer for my second surgery . I stayed for 4 days . If i had a direct flight back i would have left the day after the surgery . In my opinion you are better off recovering in your home.  

Edited by THE GAME

I generally tell patients that they can travel back home the second day after surgery. However I had many patients over the years that travelled the next day or even the same evening and had no problems occur from that. A lot also depends on how long your journey home is. For surgeries done in other countries were the flights are very long definitely safer to wait a few days.  

• Like 1