How Do I Sleep Right After a Hair Transplant?

So I'm trying to sleep right after my transplant 4 days ago but it's getting tough to despite my doctor's advice. 

I'm sleeping on a 45 degree angle. And I'm trying to rest the back of my head constantly on my pillow. I'm trying not to rest on the side of my head, if that's something that I shouldn't do, but I really don't know.

Anyway, I wake up several times a night cuz the back of my head, the donor area, hurts. So I struggle to find the best position possible or the sweet spot for comfort. But any angle I try is pointless.

Any suggestions? Is it ok to sleep on the side of my head?

51 minutes ago, Wpawp said:

So I'm trying to sleep right after my transplant 4 days ago but it's getting tough to despite my doctor's advice. 

I'm sleeping on a 45 degree angle. And I'm trying to rest the back of my head constantly on my pillow. I'm trying not to rest on the side of my head, if that's something that I shouldn't do, but I really don't know.

Anyway, I wake up several times a night cuz the back of my head, the donor area, hurts. So I struggle to find the best position possible or the sweet spot for comfort. But any angle I try is pointless.

Any suggestions? Is it ok to sleep on the side of my head?

I followed this, check the attachment Below-

I think you should also follow at least for the first 7-10days. Sleeping on the side of the head should be avoided for the first week 

Thank you @Melvin- Admin for posting that tutorial

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ReturnIOfTheHairline said:

yes

Ok so I'll tell you my experience with that advice. It did work well for me last night. 

But in the 1st 3 hours of sleep I woke up a few times cuz certain parts of the back of my head felt pain. So I had to reposition my head. 

Good news for the rest of the night, I had less soreness waking up than nights before using the advice. But I still had some soreness, not a lot as before. 

But will donor area pain from sleep mean the donor area is affected? Will the follicles not have future growth? 

Edited by Wpawp

9 hours ago, Wpawp said:

Ok so I'll tell you my experience with that advice. It did work well for me last night. 

But in the 1st 3 hours of sleep I woke up a few times cuz certain parts of the back of my head felt pain. So I had to reposition my head. 

Good news for the rest of the night, I had less soreness waking up than nights before using the advice. But I still had some soreness, not a lot as before. 

But will donor area pain from sleep mean the donor area is affected? Will the follicles not have future growth? 

Nah, It's painful because you had loads of holes poked in it, give it time, did they give you some repair cream for donor?

8 hours ago, ReturnIOfTheHairline said:

Nah, It's painful because you had loads of holes poked in it, give it time, did they give you some repair cream for donor?

No, no repair creme.

FYI, I have a lot of pain as of this post and can't fall back to sleep despite sleeping uncomfortably for only 5 hours. I'm at my wits end. 

I tried the advice in the video but it's very challenging to keep sleep.

What I goddamn don't understand is why does the upper part of my donor hurt when it's not making ANY contact with anything? The only thing making contact is the lower part of the donor area with my travel pillow. The upper part of my donor therefore should NOT be feeling any pain. Then the recipient area hurts too even if during the day there's no pain there and nothing is making any contact with it during the night. This really boggles the mind. 

If someone would explain this phenomenon I'd appreciate it.

Edited by Wpawp
  • Like 1