Need to lose weight a few months out from procedure…. What are good multivitamins to take? Is 1.5 pounds/week too aggressive?

So I’m a little over 3 months out from procedure, seem to have a nice amount of early growth but of course have a very long way to go. I’ve been having some discipline issues with my diet and really want to get back in shape. If I ate at around 1800 calories a day and ~150 grams of protein , I should lose about 1.6 pounds per week. Am i in the clear at this point or should i still be cautious with recovery from the procedure? 

also, I’m currently just taking a biotin supplement. Any good multivitamin recommendations that contain zinc, iron, and other vitamins/minerals to support hair health, while in a caloric deficit? The last thing I want to do is lose hair while losing weight but I’m probably well over 20% body fat at this point and would like to get back down to 12% or so.

Edited by Savemyhairline

2 hours ago, Savemyhairline said:

So I’m a little over 3 months out from procedure, seem to have a nice amount of early growth but of course have a very long way to go. I’ve been having some discipline issues with my diet and really want to get back in shape. If I ate at around 1800 calories a day and ~150 grams of protein , I should lose about 1.6 pounds per week. Am i in the clear at this point or should i still be cautious with recovery from the procedure? 

also, I’m currently just taking a biotin supplement. Any good multivitamin recommendations that contain zinc, iron, and other vitamins/minerals to support hair health, while in a caloric deficit? The last thing I want to do is lose hair while losing weight but I’m probably well over 20% body fat at this point and would like to get back down to 12% or so.

I think you can do that or you can go for lean bulking for one more month and later on go for cutting. I also gained some weight after my HT. I will begin my cut from January I guess. 

15 minutes ago, Shadman said:

I think you can do that or you can go for lean bulking for one more month and later on go for cutting. I also gained some weight after my HT. I will begin my cut from January I guess. 

I don’t think I should be gaining any weight at this point, I’m over 200 at 5’9. I do have some muscle mass from years of lifting, albeit less consistently in the last year or so. I think a lot of people who associate hair loss with weight loss are generally referring to telogen effluvium, which is temporary (but I still don’t want that of course). I guess my main concern is just that I’ve allowed my scalp to heal enough at this point and a slightly higher caloric deficit won’t delay or hinder growth.

Just now, Savemyhairline said:

I don’t think I should be gaining any weight at this point, I’m over 200 at 5’9. I do have some muscle mass from years of lifting, albeit less consistently in the last year or so. I think a lot of people who associate hair loss with weight loss are generally referring to telogen effluvium, which is temporary (but I still don’t want that of course). I guess my main concern is just that I’ve allowed my scalp to heal enough at this point and a slightly higher caloric deficit won’t delay or hinder growth.

Well in that case, three months would be more than enough. And if you're maintaining high protein diet, there shouldn't be any delay in growth. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KristaMcKnight said:

A gradual approach to recovery is key. consider multivitamins like Nutrilite Double X or Garden of Life Vitamin Code that align with your specific health needs.

Thanks for the recs. I recently have been trying Olly men’s multi, it gets me to my vitamin C, Zinc, Biotin (already reach that though with another biotin supplement), B vitamins, and some others. I’ll look into those as well

If you are able to exercise regularly and maintain the diet you described you should be able to lose 1-3 lbs per week which if safe and reasonable. I recommend Lifepak Nano by Pharmanex as a high quality multivitamin. It is produced with nanoparticles and it has a much higher absorption rate compared to most vitamins that are made cheaply ith macroparticles that has a very low absorption rate.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Dr. Glenn Charles said:

If you are able to exercise regularly and maintain the diet you described you should be able to lose 1-3 lbs per week which if safe and reasonable. I recommend Lifepak Nano by Pharmanex as a high quality multivitamin. It is produced with nanoparticles and it has a much higher absorption rate compared to most vitamins that are made cheaply ith macroparticles that has a very low absorption rate.

Yep, at 1800 calories I lose about 1.6 pounds a week. For some reason mentally, I need that extra 0.6 pounds per week to stay disciplined. 1lb flat I guess was just too slow for me. Over many months it of course makes a big difference. I’ll continue at this rate, thanks. I’ll look into that multivitamin as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2023 at 10:11 AM, Savemyhairline said:

I also need to lose weight a few months out from the procedure and for that I am searching for useful information online and I am glad I found your post where I found my answer. I also discovered the https://essayroo.com/write-my-essay website link where I found a writer who will write my essay for me and now I won't take too much time to submit my essay assignments. Otherwise, I always got late for submitting my assignments.

Any update?

4 hours ago, KristaMcKnight said:

Any update?

I’ve been using an Olly Men’s multi vitamin plus a biotin supplement. I’m getting wayyy more than my needed biotin between these two but it appears that shouldn’t have any adverse health consequences. I’m trying and usually get pretty close to my DV of iron just through diet. The Olly helps me hit the vitamin C, B vitamins and some others. Some research has indicated excess vitamin A isn’t good for hair, however the Olly only has 50% of that DV so overall I’m close to 100% vitamin A, not over that number. All is going well so far, hair seems to be coming in even ahead of pace perhaps 

17 hours ago, Savemyhairline said:

I’ve been using an Olly Men’s multi vitamin plus a biotin supplement. I’m getting wayyy more than my needed biotin between these two but it appears that shouldn’t have any adverse health consequences. I’m trying and usually get pretty close to my DV of iron just through diet. The Olly helps me hit the vitamin C, B vitamins and some others. Some research has indicated excess vitamin A isn’t good for hair, however the Olly only has 50% of that DV so overall I’m close to 100% vitamin A, not over that number. All is going well so far, hair seems to be coming in even ahead of pace perhaps 

That is good to hear that. Thanks for replying.