2350 graft hair transplant at FueGenix in the Netherlands

Cold head guy

Hi

So about 5 years ago I noticed that my hair was thinning and hairline receding and had been thinking about doing something about it for some time but as I would like to avoid medications I didnt really find a decent way to combat it. That made me realize that pretty much the only option to fix it is with a hair transplant but after doing a little bit of research I came to the conclusion that a hair transplant without medication is pretty pointless so Ive been taking finasteride since the end of the summer this year. So far I havnt noticed any major side effects. Minoxidil is something that I would like to avoid as long as possible and I want to see how much the finasteride can help me with the thinning on my top of the head before giving minoxidil a try.

After doing a bit of research and contacting a few clinics I ended up going to FueGenix Haarkliniek and Dr Munib Ahmad in the Netherlands. The reason why I chose FueGenix was because it was the clinic that impressed me the most with good before and after photos, good reviews and fast and simple communication with the Dr.

Last week the hair transplant was completed and everything have gone better than expected so far. The day started at around 07:15 am and finished around 15:45 pm and 2350 grafts were used. The anesthesia injections didnt hurt as bad as I was expecting and the day did go pretty fast. It was probably only the last two hours that felt a bit slow but it was fine overall. Afterwards I was given everything needed for the aftercare. If I have a question or so then Munib is always fast to answer them which is great after doing something like this.

The things Ive disliked with the whole thing was probably having to going through two airports with a bloody head and a swollen face, that was something I was dreading a lot the whole week and it did feel a bit awkward but I dont really think anyone cared that much. Sleeping is a little bit uncomfortable at the moment aswell. Otherwise I think everything went well and Im very happy with my choice of clinic and actually doing a hair transplant. Now I cant wait for the result.

Ive added some photos too. The first ones are from the same day as the surgery and the other two are four days after the surgery.

PHOTO-2023-11-22-20-16-29.jpg

PHOTO-2023-11-22-20-16-29.jpg1.jpg

PHOTO-2023-11-26-09-23-17.jpg2.jpg

PHOTO-2023-11-26-09-23-18.jpg3.jpg

10 hours ago, shiba1985 said:

Does he give you a breakdown of the grafts? I.e. how many singles, doubles, triples etc.?

what type of medical regiment does he want you to take and how pushy is he regarding this?  

I havent got any breakdown of that but I havent asked for it either. Not pushy when it comes to the medicals. I mentioned that I was planning on starting finasteride during the consultation and I believe that I mentioned that I want to avoid minoxidil. Not sure what his opinion is on this is if I wouldnt have taking anything.

Looks already amazing. The outcome is going to blow you away. Luckily you have time to prepare yourself. (it's just facts before y'all call me arrogant lol)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is great. By 2 months you already looked highly presentable with no signs of “ugly duckling”, and the 3 month photos look like someone with negligible (if any) hair loss and no signs of a transplant at either the recipient or donor. This is set to be an amazing outcome. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...