Recommended surgeons closest to Australia

Hi All,

I just joined this forum, I wish I found it earlier. I had my first transplant back in 2010. I had it done in Australia, only the front third and the result was average. I notice that none of the recommended surgeons here are in Australia. I am now at a stage where the crown area is very very thin, and my front is fairly average too. I am considering another transplant, strengthen front, and do the middle and crown. Also fix my scar in the donor area from the first transplant. I notice that Thailand is an option as recommended here, Dr Laorwong and Dr Pathomvanich (elite coalition member). At the moment, I am on a budget, not sure how much transplants are for say 6000 grafts (just my estimation). I would imagine Thailand would be cheaper compared to Europe or South America, but I don't want to make another mistake. I would really like to do it properly this time and give myself the best chance of getting the result I want. What do you guys think, would you go to Thailand and who would you choose between the two recommended doctors? Or would you wait another 1-2 years, save more money and see someone like Dr Pittella who seems to be one of the best. This is depending on the cost, I would appreciate if someone can shed some light also about the price difference, in Australian dollars please. Thanks for your inputs. 

Every surgeon in Australia is sub-standard at best. Worldwide there is no one best surgeon, only the best for your case. You'd be wise to consult with multiple clinics and going with who's most aligned with your goals, you connect with their approach and philosophy, and feel the most comfortable with. Drs Path  and Laorwong are great but frankly, I don't see traveling to thailand or any other country to be any different in terms of logistics. Location shouldn't be a deciding factor. 

If it comes down to preferring one surgeon but it would be a longer wait, ask yourself this: 'In 10 years from now, would those extra 8 months really be still annoying me?

• Administrators

Dr. Path, Dr. Laorwong and Dr. Ratchathorn are all excellent and in Thailand. They would be the closest to Australia. 
https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.