12 days after beard transplant. Redness? (See photos)

Hello everyone! I underwent a beard transplant 12 days ago to fix my patchy beard.

My skin seems to be healing well. No pain, bleeding, or swelling, and all the scabs are gone. However, I still have "lots" of redness in the recipient areas. Is it normal for redness to persist after almost two weeks?

I asked my doc about using hydrocortisone to reduce the redness. He said that it should be fine at this point, but I'd really appreciate any second opinions. I live in a remote area without easy access to other medical advice, so I'm turning to this community for insights.

What do you think about my redness?
And what about hydrocortisone? Anyone here who used it to treat redness?

Thank you.

IMG_5877.JPG

IMG_5878.JPG

IMG_5879.JPG

Edited by Timbob

• Timbob changed the title to 12 days after beard transplant. Redness? (See photos)
  • Valued Contributor

This is very normal. Especially for fair skinned guys with light hair. I’ve seen this take 1 to 3 months to calm down. Sometimes longer. That’s probably not what you wanna hear. I would listen to your doctor’s advice. Maybe someone else has an idea but this is usually an unfortunate part of the process.

Good luck.

16 minutes ago, Steeeve said:

This is very normal. Especially for fair skinned guys with light hair. I’ve seen this take 1 to 3 months to calm down. Sometimes longer. That’s probably not what you wanna hear. I would listen to your doctor’s advice. Maybe someone else has an idea but this is usually an unfortunate part of the process.

Good luck.

Thanks bro. Yeah I was certainly hoping for a much speedier recovery from the redness. But it's fine anyways. I still have a couple of weeks before I gotta head back to work, and by then I will have CC and BB creams to cover it up. :)

• Like 1