Have I damaged my grafts?

Hi guys - asking a question in the hopes of easing my anxieties!

Day 19 after a hairline FUE 1800 grafts, my friend greeted me with a firm pat on the head, in the recipient area.  No pain, no reddening - just trying to understand if this is likely/ possible to have damaged my transplant?

Pics from day 20 having shed around 50% of the hairs.

Thanks in advance!

1000009429.jpg

1000009447.jpg

6 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Absolutely no chance.

At that point, the only way you're losing the grafts is with a scalpel.

Thanks for replying! That's very reassuring to hear (been concerned about it all day)! Can I ask how it's possible to be that confident? Do you think there would be obvious signs of damage?

Have you had a transplant? 

Thanks

11 minutes ago, wilkins91 said:

Thanks for replying! That's very reassuring to hear (been concerned about it all day)! Can I ask how it's possible to be that confident? Do you think there would be obvious signs of damage?

Have you had a transplant? 

Thanks

There have been clinical studies about graft survival.

They concluded it would literally take a surgical procedure to remove them after a week or so. 

The only absolute outside possibility is an infection, but as long as your head is clean you'll be fine.

When grafts are lost there is always bleeding.

I've had 2 surgeries. I skimmed my head on the second on the overhead locker on the plane after 6 days. No bleeding, good growth.

34 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

There have been clinical studies about graft survival.

They concluded it would literally take a surgical procedure to remove them after a week or so. 

The only absolute outside possibility is an infection, but as long as your head is clean you'll be fine.

When grafts are lost there is always bleeding.

I've had 2 surgeries. I skimmed my head on the second on the overhead locker on the plane after 6 days. No bleeding, good growth.

Ah thats so reassuring to hear - thanks for replying mate!

I need to forget the hair transplant now until it starts to grow really!

Thanks for your help!

8 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

After 7 days you're pretty much on the clear. The fibrin that is underneath your scalp should have already "glued" the folicles to your head around day 3 or 4 and the vascularization proccess should be complete after the 7th. 

There's no way to dislodge a graft around that time mate, you're fine.

Thanks for replying mate! It was a friendly slap on the head so nothing too hard.

Have you had a HT? What's your experience been like?

Thanks

21 minutes ago, wilkins91 said:

Thanks for replying mate! It was a friendly slap on the head so nothing too hard.

Have you had a HT? What's your experience been like?

Thanks

Month 5 currently (no haven't posted it since I want to take this privately for now) got all crusts off around the end of day 9. I blew a pimple around day 11 and panicked a little but saw no hairs falling fortunately. 2 months later I just sent a picture of it to my clinic and they told me there was 0 need to worry since the grafts are 100% safe around day 8.

I probably had some encysted hairs (as the clinic mentioned these are the cause of pimples) but the grafts underneath were fully safe.

• Like 1

If anything, that quick slap on the surface created a good rapid rush of blood to your thirsty grafts.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY